Friday 4 November 2011

my future.

It has always been a dream of mine to go travelling. I want to see the world, experience cultures everywhere, help as much as possible, I just want to feel as if I have achieved something. Done something with my life other than work and study and work and the usual life stuff. My parents don't understand this, they think holiday is meant to sit around and do nothing. Waste two weeks of your life laying around doing nothing. As great as that sounds I want more.

when?

I have always had my life planned out for me. School, College, University, Work. Simple. Not really, everyone has pushed their ideals onto me, stuff they wish they had done so now it's up to me to do it. Travelling has always been the one thing I've wanted to do more than anything else and now it's like I can't fit that into my life because I'm making other people happy. Before university - I have no money and have already been offered places for the coming year, after university - I'm hoping to have offers from my course on places to work they aren't going to be too happy if I want to just take off. So I decided since my summers at university are so long then I have an opportunity to go then. I'm also spending a year abroad in my third year which is so exciting - learning and exploring, what could be better than that?!

the plan.

Since it is too late to start next year when I finish college I have decided my first adventure will be the summer of 2013. I know, I know it seems so far away. But it's never to early to start planning. So far this is my list of where I'm going and what I want to do. I found the most amazing trip, only problem it is for 6 months, half a year. There would be noway i'd be allowed that much time off! I will do this one day - it's an over land trip to australia, driving through the most amazing european countries, camping and staying with locals and exploring along the way. But till that day I will contend myself with doing these: - there was a round the world trip it's for a year its £9000. I wish I could just take that time off!

- Nepal - teaching monks English (3 weeks)
- USA -  drive cross country with a stop in every state. (64 days)
- Canada - camp cousellor ( 8 weeks)
- Africa - building schools and houses project (2 weeks)
- Moldova - Orphanage volunteer (1 week)
- Australia mini gap - basically travel australia, working and teaching (3 months)
- Costa Rica - white river rafting, exploring, improving living conditions for local people. (4 weeks)
- New Zealand - Ranch Experience (2 weeks) & travel, locals (3 weeks)
- Thailand - basically explore and learn (4 weeks)
- India - explore, teach & learn (2 weeks)
- Sri Lanka - wildlife studies primates and elephants (25 days)
- Bejing to Bangkok - travel & explore! (56 days)
- Bangkok to Bali - travel! (29 days)
- Peru - Spanish language course (1 week) & inca trail (7 days)
- Buenous Aires to Rio - sight see, travel, carnival!  (17 days +)
- Fiji - Scuba Diving experience (1 week +)
- South Africa - Conservation work & travel the towns (2 weeks ) Kruger to Coast (4 weeks) Zanzibar teaching (2 weeks)

This is the overall kind of thing I want to do. There is a whole website that helps me keep it straight in my head.

more.

I would love so much to travel this indepth. Like a little overview of the world would maybe be enough to statisfy my curiousities. But then there are some places I would love to go just on holiday like Mexico and Cuba and Eygpt and Russia and different parts of Canada. So much world so little time. Europe is one place that I think I would have to take a little at a time, there are so many countries and so  many places in those countries that I want to see. Even as I write this I have more countries popping into my head.

Italy. the one place I could spend forever. I don't even know the point of this, there is so much I want to do that there isn't actually room. I have a whole folder of places, I just don't know when I would ever get the chance. I hope I will, some places would be great places to spend with families. Need to save some suprises for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment